Monday 23 March 2015

Summery Day In Glasgow





So today I decided to get my ‘Ass Off Couch’ and go a walk… but where to go in the city centre of Glasgow? After a trusty wee Google search I discovered Mugdock Country Park in Milngavie. I had no idea what kind of park to expect, but decided that a 15 min train journey was worth it to find out. I am SO GLAD I did :-)
ipod and picnic in bag off I went!
It was such a lovely surprise to find this gem of a park nestled into the outskirts of Glasgow.  With the Glasgow tower blocks and wind turbines near Campsie Fells creating a fusion background of urban landscape and countryside.  The built heritage of the park blends perfectly with the natural and the reservoirs proved a good substitute for the sea which I love to walk by at home.  I can’t honestly believe I have been living in Glasgow for 5 years now and haven’t already discovered this park! Perfect place to visit on a sunny day if anyone’s looking to escape the city without venturing miles away!
Moral of this post… get your ass off the couch more often… you never know what hidden gem you might discover!



 “Success is not simply a question of avoiding obstacles but more a way of discovering hidden pathways to new opportunities”



 Built & Natural Heritage.

"Love builds up the broken wall and straightens crooked path. Love keeps the stars in the firmament and imposes rhythm on the ocean tides each of us is created of it and I suspect each of us was created for it."



My favourite photo from today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment