Monday 23 March 2015

A New Chapter... Goodbye Glasgow!

So the big date APRIL 17TH 2015 is fast approaching! This is the day I will start my journey and fly out to South East Asia.  So everything's in full swing preparation stage now - I moved out my wee flat in Glasgow's West End just over a week ago now.  This hadn't originally struck me as a major milestone, until someone said to me that this was a whole new chapter of my life starting.  Que emotional moment! I have lived in Glasgow for five years now since I first moved up to the city at age seventeen.  It's cliché, but my time in Glasgow has really been a roller coaster ride of times! I think I've done and experienced so much in my time there and have come to look upon the city as my home.  So I guess, thinking about it, it is a huge turning point in my life.  I'm giving up the life I've built over the past five years and stepping into the unknown.  I am jobless and have moved back into my mum's house.  I have my savings to live off for the next year and no set plans for after that! Scary, yes. Exciting, hell yeah!

So, as I close the door on my life in Glasgow for just now I wanted to post a few photos of around Glasgow - I would quite often go for a walk at the weekends or on days off - Glasgow is (in my opinion) an amazing city with loads to offer with beautiful architecture, parks, theatres, cafes, restaurants and nightlife.


These photos were taken on a snowy day in January.  They were taken on a walk from the West end, along the Clyde to Glasgow Green. 



No comments:

Post a Comment