Monday 23 March 2015

Little pick-me-ups for when you're not feeling your best

Hey, and welcome to my new blog post :)


I'm going to be talking about what I do to combat those times when you're maybe feeling a little under the weather, tired, lethargic or just a bit down! We all have these times whether it's because we've been snowed under at work, buried under an ever growing pile of coursework or stressed out emotionally in our personal lives.  But, I believe that as awful as these times may feel there's some things we can all do to help our bodies feel a little healthier and our minds a little happier! 

When I feel like this I usually just want to have a duvet day... snuggled on the couch under the duvet with a cup of tea and some mindless daytime TV! (or a good movie!) But as we all know this just isn't always possible - we have to drag ourselves out of bed in the cold and dark early mornings and soldier on through the day. *cue lots of sympathy from friends, family, work colleagues, the coffee shop barista, hell anyone who will give us some!*

For me, there's four main areas I try to focus on when I'm feeling like this in order to get back to my usual sunny self ASAP!!  

1. Nutrition: lots of healthy eating

2. Physical activity: sometimes a little walk in the fresh air can blow away all the cobwebs

3. Sleep: plenty of beauty sleep, my body needs rest to recouperate

4. Stress management: when I'm feeling rundown stress can make it 100X worse, staying relaxed works wonders!


I always try to do a super healthy shop (if you're not actually up to facing the supermarkets try a home delivery) I find filling my body up with lovely nutritious goodies makes me feel good plus they're packed with vitamins!  So make sure your fruit bowl is full to the brim!!!


A really easy way to ensure you get 5 a day is to make up a big fruit salad - I especially love adding lots of berries (blueberry, raspberry and blackberry) into mine. But, you can choose all your faves!




Multi-vitamin food supplements are another way to add some extra vitamins into your diet and give you a little pick-me-up! I personally love Berocca - I have it in the mornings with breakfast instead of a fruit juice.  Orange is my favourite and I think it tastes fab!  Even better is that they contain the B-12 vitamin and a deficiency in this can cause tiredness so it's super important to make sure this is included in your diet!


I love nothing more than wrapping up and heading outside on a cold, crisp and sunny or blustery day to get fresh air and blow away the cobwebs! Granted, if I'm feeling tired and run down I might not feel like a huge hike, but even a small wander round the park can help.



LAVENDER LAVENDER LAVENDER!!! I find it a MUST when it comes to getting a good nights sleep.  Sleep is really important when you're feeling rundown and you might not be getting as much as your body needs so make sure the quality of sleep you do get is good.  Unwind before bed, run a bubble bath to make you feel sleepy.  This Radox 'Relax' bath soak has notes of lavender and waterlily and it smells dreamy! Just perfect before bedtime.


I also love a hot drink before bedtime, this Twinings Camomile and Honey tea is delicious - the honey just adds a hint of sweetness and for me it is as it says on the packet really soothing!

My last tip for a little pick-me-up is to pamper yourself!.. As if I need an excuse!  Pampering and some nice beauty products can give me a lift and make me feel luxurious.  Think of your home as a spa... light some candles and chill out. Stress is good for no-one and will only make you feel more run-down.  


I've picked 3 No7 beauty products that I find really useful in combating the tired look that annoyingly accompanies the run-down feeling.  

Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator -  this is a lovely 'kind' facial exfoliator that is designed to leave skin brighter; I think it does the job well, it's really creamy and moisturising at the same time which is a great bonus!

Instant Illusions - MY FAVOURITE! I could rave on about this product forever in a day! It smells fruity and delicious, it has a lovely silky feel on your skin without the grease! AND I definitely think it makes my skin look brighter and more radiant.  I have worn this on its own and underneath my make-up and it's great both ways.  Definitely worth investing in this product for days where your skin feels dull and tired!

Beautiful Skin Overnight Revitalising Eye Balm - I dab this on my under eyes at bedtime and leave it to work its magic overnight! It does have a slight slimy texture and the smell is fairly nondescript, but I do think it works well at reducing dark circles which is after all the what it's supposed to do! 

So why not treat yourself to one of these little delights to help combat the tired look! 

That's all for now! I hope this post helps anyone who's been feeling rundown! Remember Spring is just around the corner! In the meantime be kind to yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment