Monday 23 March 2015

Another Baking Sesh!

*This image is not my own

It was my grans birthday in February and not just any birthday... her 85th !!! I decided to mark the occasion with a cake.  As I have mentioned in a previous post I follow a coeliac's diet so the cake was completely gluten free.


1. All the ingrediants

2. Prepared for measuring & mixing

3. Starting to mix the ingredients together.


4. Cake just out the oven (I used a heart shaped cake tin)


5. Once cooled I cut the cake into 2


6. Smooth on the buttercream & jam filling.


7. Cover the cake lightly with buttercream for under the fondant


8. Use icing sugar to prevent sticking when rolling the fondant.


9. Fondant icing rolled thinly & evenly.


10. Drape the fondant over the entire cake


11. Trim round the edges neatly.


12. Decorate how you fancy!!


13. My finished cake! 

I used ready made edible flowers from Tesco - however if you have time you can create your own with fondant and colouring! 

I hope you enjoyed this post! 


P.s. My Gran loved it & she kept the 85 candles as a little memento! (cute)

No comments:

Post a Comment