Wednesday 25 March 2015

Nothing Says Home Like the Smell of Baking

*This photo is not my own


Hey, welcome to me new baking blog post! With another day off/unemployed? on holiday? (I'm not sure what I officially am at the moment!) I decided to be productive and do something I love... bake! 

This recipe was given to me by a friend at work and it's for muffins.  I'm usually a cupcake kind of girl - I like the decorating that goes hand in hand with cupcakes - but after trying these I'll definitely be making some more muffins! The recipe I used is a generic one for muffins and there were a few suggestions for flavouring.  I opted for banana. 

Sound like something you'd like to try, read on...


1. All the ingredients: Doves SR flour (GF) 250g, 1 large egg, full fat milk 75g, caster sugar 125g, sunflower oil 75g, plain yogurt 50g, 2 bananas.


2. Start to measure & mix the ingredients.


3. In the first bowl is the caster sugar, oil, milk, egg & yogurt.  In the second is the sieved flour and the third mashed banana.


4. Add the banana into the flour and gently mix.


5. Mix the 2 bowls of ingredients together until there is no flour visible.


6. Carefully spoon the mix into the muffin cases - the recipe makes 12 nicely. Bake in a pre-heated (180°) oven for ~20/25mins.  I would probably turn the temp. down next time (mine ended up a little more well-fired than I'd have liked!) Keep an eye on them in the oven!



How cute are they!?

Voilà! 12 yummy banana muffins! Easy - peasy! If you're not a mad keen banana fan, don't worry here's some other ideas for flavouring... 


Apple & cinnamon (2 roughly chopped apples, 1tsp 

cinnamon)

White chocolate & raspberry (white choc chips & handful 

raspberries)

Summer berry (1 punnet of any berries)

Double chocolate (100g dark choc chips & substitute 25g 

flour for 25g cocoa powder)

Lemon poppy seed (add 25g poppy seeds to dry ingredients, 

& zest of 1 lemon to the wet)

So that's it, really easy yummy muffins! 
Happy Baking! 

Would you like to try this recipe? Have you got any good baking recipes to share? Please leave your comments & let me know what you think or contact me via Twitter: Sc0tsGirl
















No comments:

Post a Comment