Tuesday 21 April 2015

Packing for a SouthEast Asia Adventure: What's inside my backpack?

Packing is always tricky... even more so when you're backpacking and going to be moving around and in countries where the terrain doesn't always suit a wheelie case.  In my last blog post I introduced you to the travel pack I have and this time I'm going to share what's inside it! 


1. Pyjamas (x2) cotton & long sleeved
2. Bottoms - 1x long craghoppers impregnated with mosilife + a selection of shorts & loose 'hippy' trousers
3. Fancier tops (x2) incase we go out at weekends
4. Shirts - smarter shirts for teaching & covering up.
5. Dresses & skirts (long or mid length)
6. Cotton teeshirts & blouses
7. Large shawl/scarf
8. underwear
9. bikini
10. mossi net
11. money belt
12. toiletries bag
13. towels (x2) 1 small travel fast dry towel, extra light + 1 large beach towel
14. Teaching supplies for the children


Obviously every traveler is different.  This may be a lot more than most take... It all fits into a 60 + 20l travelpack.  Where I am staying is very remote & therefore I think I'm traveling a little heavier than a lot of other backpackers.  But I know I have all I need. 

Shoes


Old trainers for walking further (nice & comfy)
Flip flops! 
100% leather sandals so the soles of my feet don't burn up in the hot sun. 


I also use loads of these re-sealable sandwich bags, incase of leaks and to keep everything dry from the humidity.  (Plus I think they're just really cute & keeps my backpack neat (ish)!)










2 comments:

  1. Lovely to read all the details of your prep. Even better to read that you are already settled in PP.
    Looking forward to details of the school and your accomodation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine. I am going to Phnom Penh for the weekend so will have time to update my blog again then.

    ReplyDelete