Tuesday 7 April 2015

Friendships and Travelling: My Thoughts.

With less than two weeks to go until I set off for my adventure in Asia I thought I'd do a new post all about friendships. (sop!)  At the weekend two of my closest friends and I had arranged to have an obligatory drunken night out to say goodbye before I leave for 5 months! 
As it turns out they had been planning it for a lot longer than I'd known about: they got in touch with my friends on Facebook and had organised a surprise party for me! - all without me knowing! 
 They gave me a beautiful leaving present and cards (scroll down for pictures) and booked booths in one of my favourite bars in Glasgow. They kept the surprise right up until the very last minute (sneaky!)  

                                      

If there's one thing that going away does it's highlight all the things and people you're leaving behind.  This could seem sad, but in reality I think it's a positive thing - since telling everyone I'm leaving to travel it's made me realise the strength of my friendships.  So many people (some I wouldn't even have suspected) have wished me good luck, had leaving nights for me, given me farewell gifts and promised to keep in touch while I'm away.  I'm lucky to have good friends who are supporting me.  It seems travel is not only about making new friends, but cementing the friendships with old ones; friends who are prepared to stay connected on your travels and on your return are friends who, in my opinion, will last a lifetime. 



The beautiful Thomas Sabo bracelet they gave me with a flip flop and aeroplane charms to remember my travelling!


Good luck cards from work and friends.


 


Thanks for reading! :-)  I hope you enjoyed this little post all about friendship! Do you have any thoughts or favourite quotes on friendship you'd like to share?







No comments:

Post a Comment